As the GRAMMY hype reaches fever pitch, several musicians who call Oklahoma home are headed back to stages in the Sooner State this February.
Here’s a list of Oklahoma musicians whose talents have been lauded from the Grand Ole Opry to music’s biggest night, who are returning home to offer a late-winter menu of local shows:
- Shawnee’s Samantha Crain releases her new album, Kid Face, with a show at Fassler Hall in Tulsa on Feb. 15. She’ll be accompanied by Parker Millsap and Skating Polly, both hailing from the heart of the state. Crain and Parker Millsap will make an appearance the following night, Feb. 16, at Blue Door in OKC. The official release date for Kid Face is Feb. 19. More details and ticket info for Samantha Crain shows
- Oklahoma City’s BRONCHO is teaming up with Stillwater’s Colourmusic and Tulsa’s Riot Bear to headline at The Vanguard in Tulsa on Feb. 16. More details and ticket info for BRONCHO, Colourmusic, and Riot Bear show
- Chockie’s Reba McEntire heads to Durant on Feb. 16 to play a sold-out show at Choctaw Casino. More details on Reba show
- Tulsa’s Ronnie Dunn plays Norman’s Riverwind Casino on Feb. 22. More details and ticket info for Ronnie Dunn show
- Grammy-nominated rockabilly artist JD McPherson will be just up the road from his native Broken Arrow when he takes the stage at downtown Tulsa’s Cain’s Ballroom on Feb. 23. More details and ticket info for JD McPherson show
Other local artists hosting CD-release shows this month:
- Beau Jennings, Sweet Action. Feb. 9, VZD’s in OKC. More details and ticket info for Beau Jennings release
- Black Canyon, Black Canyon. Feb. 9, VZD’s in OKC. More details for Black Canyon release
- Taddy Porter, Stay Golden. Mar. 1, Cain’s Ballroom in Tulsa with The Bourgeois and The Del Toros. Official release is Feb. 26. More details and ticket info for Taddy Porter release
WATCH: See original music videos from some of these Oklahoma artists and more at thislandpress.com/video, under the Music Videos tab.