A poetry circus. Turnip cars and turnip guns. Food trucks. A day to be surreal. This Land Events editor Natasha Ball serves up the best things to do in Oklahoma this weekend.
- Poetry to the People. A night of poetic revelry with This Land Press as we launch our latest book. More about Poetry to the People.
- Turnip Festival. More about Turnip Festival.
- Eat Street Tulsa. Belly dancers, live music, and 20 (20!) foot trucks. More about Eat Street Tulsa.
- LIVE on the Plaza. Canned-food art, new art and music, and judgment day for a beard-growing contest. More about LIVE on the Plaza.
- Wanenmacher Tulsa Arms Show. Acres of weaponry and a claim to the title of the world’s largest firearms show. More about Wanenmacher Tulsa Arms Show.
- Surrealism Day. Regular This Land contributor Audrey Barcus talks process and Tim Carter, teacher/poet, talks dreams. More about Surrealism Day.
- Veterans Day Blue River Trout Derby. Some of the best fishing in Oklahoma all year long. More about the Veterans Day Blue River Trout Derby.
- Dwell in the IDL. You don’t have to peek through the windows anymore, thanks to this tour of downtown Tulsa living. More about Dwell in the IDL.
- Tulsa Symphony presents Fantasia. A performance of Disney’s classical classics. More about Tulsa Symphony presents Fantasia.
- V-Dub Sessions Anniversary Party. Fancy German engineering and how Oklahoma music sounds from the inside of a bus. More about V-Dub Sessions Anniversary Party.
- McNellie’s Pub Run. Run, sweat, drink, repeat. More about McNellie’s Pub Run.
- First Draft. Cheers to journalism. More about First Draft.
- The Importance of Being Earnest. The truth is rarely pure and never simple. More about The Importance of Being Earnest.
- Open Studio Party. Visit an artist’s workspace, make new friends. More about Open Studio Party.
- All-Ages Punk Show. Just like it sounds. More about this show.
So. What are you doing this weekend?